11/10/09

Emphathy


I think writers make people feel empathy by doing certain things when they are writing. Listen to this passage does it make you feel empathy?



"The man put his hand on her shoulder" You seem like a fine boy. I am sorry that I am not your father."


The author writes about something that she knows happens to lots of people. I know that I have walked up to a person before a race and handed my hat to some random guy. It was very embarrassing. It works don't you think if you write about something that is really happening in the world, like living in Afghanistan. I think it is a very good method that she has found because if you relate it to something that kids know about they will understand it. That is how I hink writers make people feel empathy.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a great piece of writing.
    Nice job Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyler your writing is consistantly great and I love reading your posts. I like how you always add detail and never stop throughout your post. One suggestion to you is to make it a little longer. I really liked your post and I can't wait to read your next one. GREAT JOBBBBBBBBBBBB!

    ReplyDelete