4/27/10

J is for Jimmie Johnson



For this blog I am going to talk about one of my favourite race car drivers. His name is Jimmie Johnson. He drives the #48 Lowes Chevrolet for Rick Hendrick Racing. He also happens to be the best driver in NASCAR. So here is some background information about him.

He has won the last 4 championships which is a record he now has 50 wins in 297 races. That equals out to about 1 win in every 6 races. He is currently the NASCAR points leader. Jimmie has been rated driver of the year 3 years by by various magazines. He won his first race in just his 13TH attempt. His first full season was 2002 where he finished 5th, the next year he finished 2nd in points. In 2004 he finished 2nd again, in 2005 he finished 5th and finally in 2006 on his 5th try he won the championship, this was also the case in 2007,2008 and 2009. Jimmie was named Sporting News' driver of the year in 2004, 2006 and 2008. He started racing dirt bikes when he was 4 years old who would have thought that he would be the best NASCAR driver in his era.

I know that these numbers will not mean much to you, but if a real racer looks at these numbers they will mean that Jimmie Johnson is a really great race car driver. I think that he is one of my role models that I look up to when I go out to race on Saturdays. I know that if I was going to be a professional race car driver I would want to be just like my favourite driver #48 Jimmie Johnson.

Life Lesson: Everyone needs a role model to look up to.

I commented on Emma S's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment